Wednesday, 4 February 2015

"Stamped Rose again......!!!

Hello Blog friends, followers and passers by.  Welcome,welcome I do hope you are all well , keeping warm and safe in these terrible conditions.  However no snow down at the lower levels here.  We had another stunning day yesterday, extremely cold but Hey! Ho! the sun was up!!!
We went to Perth yesterday morning, John had to go to the Dentist for a filling........he has not had that for years.  John dropped me off in town, I had a good mooch round some shops, bought a few things .. as you do.  
Steph:- and anyone else who noticed the words "Lidl and Card" yes! Lidl do packs of Card & Paper every now and again.  Bigger than A4, good card, great colours and very reasonable for what you get in the pad. I usually buy a couple of the pads of card, take out all the colours I would use and the school gets the others. I don`t really do "orange" or shades of.   It is a colour I find very difficult to work with.
When Elaine was here Friday evening we made a few cards using Stippled Blossom Stamps.  There were bits and pieces still lying about yesterday.  Rather than clear them away I decided to use some of them.  
Here is my card for today:-

Base card 5 x 5 approx
White frame cut using SB Classic Square Dies (These and Classic Circles were the first ever Dies I bought)
Tilda Flowergarden Paper for another frame  (I love these Pads of Paper/Card) all double sided, very thick 12x12 and beautiful)
StampinUp Stippled Rose Die stamped and cut out, a few added Stickles
SB Foliage Die for the leaves
Stamped greeting

I used John Next Doors   http://johnnextdoor.blogspot.co.uk/ method of colouring card to make the leaves.  He showed it on C&C  ...  not this time but the last time he was on.  You use as many shades of green Distress Ink as you have smudged on your card, add browns, orange etc:- blend them all together.  Let it dry, cut as many leaves as you can get out of your sheet  ..  fantastic.

That`s it for today
Thank you for calling by, I really appreciate it
Till next time
 Hugs

Patricia  xxx

34 comments:

  1. Hi Patricia,
    Stunning Card yet again, I love these fabulous images! and for the Tip about using the Distress Inks for Leaves I missed the show with John showing that.
    Take great care
    Love and Hugs
    From Sam xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brilliant card today Patricia, hope this finds you well.

    Love & Hugs

    Jacquie J xxx
    http://jewelscardcraft.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Morning Patricia,
    Lovely card, love the rose.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is gorgeous Patricia. The rose is stunning, I love the way you have coloured the leaves too - I must try that technique.
    hugs Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a brilliant card the effect is amazing and looks so impressive!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is such a pretty rose, and what a great way to make the leaves, they look so real.
    I always buy card in Lidl, it is very sturdy. It's worth watching their stock.
    Cheers
    Janice W

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous card Patricia, just watching John from Sundays show as I type, xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous card Patricia, beautiful rose, hugs Carole Z X

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOVE it Patricia. I really did wonder if it was 'the' lidl, thanks for the info. Must check it out when it warms up enough for me to leave the house (around springtime) all being well !!
    Have a good Wednesday everyone.
    Lancashire Steph xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Morning Patricia How are you this morning we've no snow this morning. I love this card as I love roses and these are a beautiful colour and the leafs look so real. xx

    Debs xx
    {Debs Cards– my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful card Patricia stunning colours

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  12. Another beauty Patricia, hope you enjoyed your shopping trip and got lots of lovely goodies.

    Hugs Erika. x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Another beautiful card Patricia, those leaves look fabulous with the gorgeous rose. No snow here either. Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow what a fantastic card Patricia quite simply beautiful, thanks to you I have my stippled blossom stamps I really have found Michelle most helpful, thank you for the information.
    We have no snow just on the fells but boy is it cold -5! Take care.
    Hugs
    Margaret corgi owner

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Patricia
    Another superb card using this gorgeous set of stamps. They never fail to impress!
    I love the Lidl card and the paper is great too.
    Keep snug in those Uggs chuck.
    Best wishes.
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete
  16. gorgeous and I love the card holder!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Fabulous creation here today and all those gorgeous colours, just adore this lovely stamp....xxx{The Journey is the Start – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  18. A beautiful card Patricia, so pretty.
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Glad you had a nice day shopping.. Your card is gorgeous Patricia. Lovely design.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Your card is so, so beautiful, I love the rose, it is gorgeous. Thanks for the tip on doing leaves, will try that one. Thanks too for the heads up about Lidl, I never knew they did card. I love your beautiful little card holder as well! Hugs, Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Thanks for the info Patricia, I will keep an eye out for one! Hugs, Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  22. A beautiful card Patricia. The rose reminds me of the ones you used to see on chocolate boxes. No snow here either, very cold but beautiful blue skies and sunshine! Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  23. Absolutely gorgeous card Patiricia, the roses images are beautiful.
    I like John's idea of colouring up to make the leaves.
    Hope you'er well, keep cosy, hugs Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hi Patricia, Another stunner of a card, I have managed to get an order into a Stampin' Up Demonstrator local to me for this rose stamp, I told her that I had seen your beautiful cards made with it and loved it so much, so now I'm waiting for delivery, yippeeee.
    Lots of love from Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  25. Try commenting on your gorgeous card from my phone, but it decided against that yet later on it let me comment on another blog.
    You are definitely enjoying using that stamp? Can't wait now til my order comes. Hazel xxx

    ReplyDelete
  26. Gorgeous card and a stamp that can be used for ever and a day - you have made me look at my SU stash which I keep in its own storage box so tend to forget about it - that is what is so good about following blogs it prompts you about products and techniques that we sometimes forget about - thank you xx GailT xx

    ReplyDelete
  27. Stunning card design Patricia, love your stamp and beautiful colours you have used,
    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  28. Beautiful card - I love that paper! Beautiful colours and great layout. I love Lidl paper and card pads - my daughter gets the orange and the bright yellow ;-) Hugs, Jayne x

    ReplyDelete
  29. oh my god it is terrific...I have that set too and the stamps are so gorgeous, I have to use them it looks so professional ! beautiful
    TFS
    bibiana

    ReplyDelete
  30. hello Patricia - Love your card and the colouring is fabulous. its been cold and bright here too - just perfect really. Big hugs rachel x

    ReplyDelete
  31. Love your card beautiful rose and thanks for the tip about the leaves. So you don't use orange try putting a small amount on a card that is mainly blue or something orange on blue it is fab.
    Hugs
    Margaret M

    ReplyDelete
  32. You and flowers just sooooooo agree Patricia! Lovely shades/colours, ever so pretty!! Hugs, Ira xox
    Ira’s Crea Corner

    ReplyDelete
  33. A gorgeous card and a great tip for the leaves. Jenny x

    ReplyDelete