Saturday, 27 June 2015

"Cups for Candle Cups"

Hello Blog friends, followers and any passers by.  Welcome to my Blog where no two days are ever the same.  I like too have a go at lots of things.  Life is to short to let things pass you by.  So if you think oh! I would like to have a go at that ... go do it!!!  On a Blog I follow they were talking about "Candle Cups"  Beautiful cups filled with sweet smelling candle wax sitting on their matching saucer.  I have a couple that I have received as gifts and really like them.   I now have the ingredients to make a few, I am going to have a go.
I mentioned this to a friend who said she would look out for some nice cups at the local Charity Shop.  This is a shop that is rented out each week to local groups to raise money for lots of different things.  The boys school have had it twice and made lots of money for school funds.  It helps fund their school trips, paying for the bus to take them Skiing in the winter.  Recently it paid for the bus to take them on their Summer Outing.  They have also created a beautiful garden and an area with lots activity equipment within the school grounds.
Anyway here are a couple of pretty cups Wilma got me for the sum of £1.00
I have a few other cups and saucers,  making the candles will be a project for later in the year.  I like to do these sort of things when the darker nights creep in.


Not bad for £1.00 are they.  I have some pink candle wax which I will use for these.

Right must go Thomas will be here soon. Thomas comes to us while Dad the Team Coach and Robert the Goalie play their Saturday Football.  Mum a Midwife usually works Saturdays, Granny & Grandpa to the rescue from "watching paint dry" as Thomas describes it.

Thank you for calling by, I really appreciate it
Till next time
Hugs

Patricia  xxx


27 comments:

  1. What a lovely idea to pass away a winters evening Patricia, i will look forward to it .
    Elaine H X

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to see the finished product! I never seem to find anything in a thrift shop!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I can see you having hours of fun making your candles, See you later. Hazel xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a lovely idea, the cups and saucers are so pretty.
    I hope you have a wonderful weekend.
    hugs Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ohh I shall look forward to seeing the finished project, very pretty cups, xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Patricia, these are lovely. I bought some gorgeous china cups and saucers to do the same thing at the craft group at work a while back, they make the most gorgeous gifts. I've seen them for sale in a shop in the Grassmarket and they cost s small fortune, have a lovey day with Hazel in Edinburgh, hugs Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds good, can't wait to see the finish products. Mum had cups and saucer like these...loved them.xx{aNNie My Personal Blog}

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Patricia,
    oh these are so lovely and what a great bargain.
    I use a lot of Yankee Tea Lights to give my home a nice fresh smell, as the other larger candles give off black smoke.
    So this idea would be fabulous.
    Right I'm on the look out for cups and saucers now, and to think I gave away a set because I didn't have the room.
    Can't wait to see the rest of the project.
    Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  9. So pretty And yes it's another craft I'd like to try but just know I have other stuff that I'd like to try and would probably not get around to doing Can't wait to see the results Like you I make cards during the daylight hours and other stuff in the evenings - knitting and crochet!

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are so pretty Patricia, I'm sure my Mum has that tea set...perhaps I should relieve her of it! Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Patricia these are gorgeous and your flowers are not bad either lol.
    What a bargain as well, you do realise there is going to be a rush at all the charity shops now for tea cups. Or else everyone will be visiting their grannies and stealing theirs!
    Have fun with Hazel in Edinburgh.
    Love and hugs from a very sunny Croatia. Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Patricia.
    Pretty cups, I'm sure the candles will look lovely in them.
    Have fun tonight.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hello Patricia,
    The cups were a bargain and will look lovely with pink wax inside. Have a great night tonight, and behave yourselves!!!
    Maureen xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. These are so pretty Patricia and perfect for upcycling into candle holders...such a fabulous idea xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Pretty cups Patricia, looking forward to seeing your candle cups! Hugs Carole Z X

    ReplyDelete
  16. candle cups eh? Sounds like a wonderful idea Patricia - and I'm with you - we all need to try the things we want to do - life is too short not to xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Such pretty cups. The candles are a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Really lovely cups they will look super with pink wax, I agree with doing the candles later in the year I am going to give this a go for Christmas presents,
    Margaret xxx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful cups Patricia. Wish I could find something like that. See the cup and saucer in Oxfam has been reduced to £4.99 today. They can still keep it. It's not even pretty. Even mugs are £1.99. Look forward to seeing your candle cups when you make them. I see I have got nearly everyone making the candle cups now. Theresa is pleased to have the custom.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Morning Patricia, These are lovely cups and saucers, and will look great with candle wax inside, I'm looking forward to seeing the end result.
    Lots of love from Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. What delicate & unique candle holders! Love the elegant rose pattern on these cups. How pretty these will be with the fragrant candles - to decorate a bedroom or any other room. Wonderful gifts too, and hope these make a lot of funds for the purpose. TFS & Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  22. OMW Patricia, I have just sent to the charity shop three beautiful tea sets I have had for 50 years.. nobody uses them anymore so I thought!!!!.
    Mind I did see what you mean on holiday..they look so pretty, but already sent mine then.
    enjoy your playing..
    Hugs Pam x

    ReplyDelete
  23. Such beautiful cups Patricia and I can't wait to see the candles! huggles Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  24. What a bargain, im sure I have a teaset like this, only in a different colour.
    Looking forward to the end result.
    Jess .
    X

    ReplyDelete
  25. What a bargain Patricia and a super idea. I look forwards to seeing the finished articles.

    Hugs Erika.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hi Patricia
    We get them in at work so its a pity you don't live nearer lol!
    I've had a couple as gifts before with scented wax in. So pretty.
    Look forward to seeing them waxed up.
    Take care.
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete
  27. These cups and saucers are so pretty and what a lovely gift they will become when filled with wax - what a lovely idea xx GailT xx

    ReplyDelete