Monday, 22 June 2015

"Man Box"

Hello Blog friends, I hope this finds you all well and you enjoyed your weekend.
We did we had the boys most of Saturday and went "Big Train Hunting"  All the men in this family LOVE Steam engines.  There was a trip up this way, of course we just had to go somewhere that we could see it.  Thomas likes to take photographs of them so he was official photographer. Don`t think we will get to see any of them.  Once the camera goes back to their house that`s it.  They are downloaded, edited and they forget to send any along here. Some day maybe some day I will get a surprise!!!   
Anyway here`s a box I made to pop some "sweet treats" in for a man. Thought it looked nicer than just in a Cello Bag. 

Box and treats were well received
Very simple 4x3 inch Box using Craft Card and made on my trusty Crafters Companion Ultimate.  Love the fact you don`t have to remember to cut that little bit off the piece you use for the base.  The board on the Ultimate has a Base side & a Lid side ...  easy, peasy!!!
Hessian Ribbon I bought in Hobby Lobby in Florida.  One of these things that once I got home to the UK realised I should have bought more. How many times have I done that??  Always an excuse to go back though!!!
Anna Marie Card I bought at SECC back in March really should have bought more of that as well.  At least you can send for that here!!! 
Bow and sentiment are from Craftwork Cards.  Left overs from some of the Card Classes I taught.

Right folks that`s it for today
Thank you for visiting I really appreciate that
Till next time
Hugs

Patricia  xxx




25 comments:

  1. Morning Patricia,
    Love your man box.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fab box Patricia and I agree, the hessian ribbon is lovely.
    That is the trouble with digital cameras, pics are downloaded to computer and forgotten about, thats why I am trying to get into scrapbooking then I can look at pics of the grand kids, xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is fabulous Patricia, a really great design. I love the hessian and the bow.
    hugs Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is quite the manly box you have created! I love the paper you used and just know it was well received. Very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooh I bought hessian in the states too, great minds.
    Love your man box, a great idea and just perfect colour combo.

    Hugs Erika. x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous, love the idea of the man box and the little hessian handle.xx{aNNie My Personal Blog}

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello Patricia,
    Love the "Man" box.
    Maureen xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like your man box Patricia. I must admit I tend to do the same with packaging for guys. I often make the milk carton type box. These things take very little time but i think it makes the person feel special too. Hugs Christine xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Brilliant box Patricia, looks very sturdy and strong.

    Love & hugs

    Jacquie J xxx
    http://jewelscardcraft.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great man box, I have to attempt making one of my cut down gift bags to look like a tool box. These men are a pain at times. Hazel xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hello Patricia, fabulous Man Box, all your little elements are brilliant, hugs Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  12. A lovely way to present a little guy gift. Not too 'frou-frou', but very elegant just the same. The burlap ribbon is perfect, and yes, our H/Lobby does stock that product. It added a great deal of texture to that nifty c/s. Well done, and glad you had a fun wkend with your boys. TFS & Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Patricia,
    what a fab and great way to give a gift to a man.
    Love the spotted card used, and the great design.
    ooooooo! I wonder what treats were inside. YUM! YUM!
    Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a super idea at times men can be the poor relation when it comes to popping nice treats into lovely boxes.
    So pleased you all had a good day train spotting there is nothing like it for some good honest fun I just love that smell you get with steam trains too.
    Margaret xxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fantastic man box Patricia! great colors and love the hessian handle..
    Hugs pam x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lovely to see a box for the males Patricia, love how you've embellished it. Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Patricia,
    Good man box, like the paper you have used.
    Think I saw some hessian @ the works yesterday.....
    hugs Maria x

    ReplyDelete
  18. a super box Patricia and definitely better than a bag - fabulous xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Patricia,
    What a super man box , Patricia. Love the colours you have used.
    Love Myra xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. It's a great man box and as you say so much nicer than a cello bag!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Morning Patricia, This is a fabulous 'man' treat box, I'm loving the dotty paper and the colours are gorgeous.
    Lots of love from Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi Patricia great man box love the papers great job
    Hug's Lynda xx

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hi Patricia
    Fabulous box... Love it he Papers....
    Hugs Sylvie xx

    ReplyDelete
  24. Lol. love the idea of the man box...it looks great! Hugs Carole Z X

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hi Patricia
    Great box for a fella and if they were home made sweet treats , I bet they went down well too.
    Hope this comment finally publishes as I'm having a right game with Blogger at the minute.
    Best wishes.
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete