Thursday, 3 September 2015

"Birthday Card for a Brother"

Hello Blog friends, followers and anyone who clicked on to see what I have been up to. You are very welcome, I love that you come visit.
Tuesday 1st September was Thomas our older Grandsons 11th Birthday.  We were along for a Birthday Tea and had great fun.  Early tea, Robert was playing football at 7pm.  We stayed on, I had a great chat with Audrey while Thomas and Grandpa entertained each other.  Thomas got a "large" Lego kit as one of his gifts from Mum & Dad.  He tipped all the bits out of the bags and started building, Grandpa sat with him, they chatted away together while Thomas built.  Grandpa looked on in amazement as to how quickly thousands of "bits" were transformed!!!  
The footballers returned, discussed the Saved goals and the one unfortunately missed.   Robert is the Goal Keeper.  More to eat and drink then it was time to head home.
I thought I would let you see the card Robert made for Thomas.  Robert was rummaging in a box of images for something to use when he found "the perfect one" as far as he was concerned.  Right Granny, the image is good but the background is boring!!!  We need a sun, the sky and some grass.  This is what he came up with.  I did show him what to do, the rest was his work.  Most of my regular followers know Robert is quite a good wee crafter.  I just give the things he needs, help if he asks for it, and he is happy.


I forgot to photograph it at our house. I took this at J&As its rather pale but you get the idea.
The topper, from Flowersoft, was printed with the two boys but Robert filled in the white background.
 
The Birthday Boy:-
Thomas and Dad setting the Commemorative Watch Grandpa gave him.  Thomas is very fond of the Steam Engine Flying Scotsman.  The engine is going through a major refurbishment.  They hope to have it back on the rails later this year.  They are fund raising for all the work.  One of the things on sale is a Limited Edition Pocket Watch which Grandpa just had to buy for him.  Its something that he will keep, not a toy or to be worn just yet .  Dad is 6`4" Thomas at 11 is only one foot shorter, we keep wondering what height Thomas will end up!!!  John and I remember John Jnr was tall at 11 ...  but!!! was he as tall as Thomas is now??
 
That`s it for today
Thank you for calling by, I really appreciate it
Till next time
 
Patricia  xxx



30 comments:

  1. Hi Patricia,
    Happy belated Birthday to Thomas.
    what a brilliant card for a brother to give his brother.
    I love it.
    My that background he created is superb.
    As Robert said the background if it was white must have been boring, but he has turned it into a masterpiece.
    Could almost be painting in a wonderful frame.
    Maybe it needs framing.
    He definitely has your flair for craft.
    Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I see what you meant when you told me about Robert transforming this topper. He's got a good eye as they would say, well done him. The image is just those two to a T!!! Yes when you see Thomas next to John jr. He isn't going to be under 6 ft in height when he stops growing. Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Morning Patricia,
    Lovely post today, belated Birthday Greetings to Thomas. Robert made a superb job of this delightful card. Well Done to him.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  4. Roberts card that he made for Thomas is so beautiful, the image is fabulous I love the background detailing he has added.
    I am pleased Thomas had a good day.
    hugs Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a super card and Robert has "nailed" that background perfectly Patricia...he has clearly inherited your artistic talents!! It sounds like you all had a lovely evening xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think Robert must have inherited his crafty genes from you and Thomas his height from his dad, Robert certainly has a good eye , his card is wonderful!
    Happy belated birthday to Thomas ! sounds like a good time was had by all ! xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Morning Patricia, Belated Happy Birthday to Thomas for 1st September.
    Robert, you have made a fabulous card for your Brother, you are a definite 'Master Crafter' in the making.
    Lots of love from Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Belated Birthday to Thomas! Robert has made a wonderful background which shows the image off to it's best. He's a very talented crafter in the making. We wondered how tall our oldest son would reach when he was 6' at 11. He's now 25yrs old and 6' 9" and his 22yr old brother is 6' 8"!!! My advice... Stop feeding him before it's too late, lol! Debra x

    ReplyDelete
  9. I hope Thomas had a lovely day, his watch sounds like a lovely keepsake.
    The image on Robert's card is just perfect for a brother card and he has done a superb job with the background. The artistic talents definitely run in all family.

    My son has shot up so much in the last 12 months he has the stretch marks to prove it! Such a shame. He is bigger than me and hubby already at over 6 foot and he's still growing.

    Hugs Erika. x

    ReplyDelete
  10. I hope Thomas had a lovely day, his watch sounds like a lovely keepsake.
    The image on Robert's card is just perfect for a brother card and he has done a superb job with the background. The artistic talents definitely run in all family.

    My son has shot up so much in the last 12 months he has the stretch marks to prove it! Such a shame. He is bigger than me and hubby already at over 6 foot and he's still growing.

    Hugs Erika. x

    ReplyDelete
  11. I hope Thomas had a lovely day, his watch sounds like a lovely keepsake.
    The image on Robert's card is just perfect for a brother card and he has done a superb job with the background. The artistic talents definitely run in all family.

    My son has shot up so much in the last 12 months he has the stretch marks to prove it! Such a shame. He is bigger than me and hubby already at over 6 foot and he's still growing.

    Hugs Erika. x

    ReplyDelete
  12. My grandson is now 17 and stands almost 1 1/2 feet taller than me. He is a whopper! Love your card! Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a fantastic card Robert made for Thomas, he certainly has an artistic flair.
    What a super day you all had.
    Take care, x
    Jess

    ReplyDelete
  14. Happy Belated Birthday to Thomas, looks as if he had a super day.
    Robert's card is just perfect for his brother, especially as they are good friends too. He's made a brilliant job of it too, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Patricia,
    Robert take of making a card for his brother is lovely.
    The toppers can be a bit plain in the background so
    he has done a good job. Your box tutorial is very good too,
    thank you for sharing you knowlish in crafting
    hugs Maria xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your post bought a lump to my throat today All of your "boys" sound wonderful Robert has done a beautiful job and to have chosen an image of boys with an arm around each other just sums up the relationship they obviously have To see Thomas with his dad looking on so intently just reminded me of my Gary Boy how I miss him

    ReplyDelete
  17. PS I still have Gary's Lego hee hee!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Patricia
    Happy belated birthday wishes to Thomas.
    It's lovely to see the card that Robert has made. Sounds like Thomas is going to grow to a huge size. I wonder if they have a machine to shrink someone rather than stretch them. Sounds like you had a fabulous day. Say hullo to the postie for me. Sounds like a lovely man. Mind you ours is as well. But they swop and change so much nowadays. Steve will always leave post up at Karen's if we're out. He'll leave theirs with us as well if he can.

    ReplyDelete
  19. HinPatricia
    I've just seen your box tutorial. I'll be giving it a go when I get home hopefully, as I'll have to borrow Sandra's Ultimate Pro.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi Patricia, what a super card! I have two grandsons who are just like that . Come to think of it our two sons were as well! Lots for which to be very thankful.
    The card is perfect and I would frame it !
    Well done Robert!
    Love Myra xxx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Roberts card is brilliant. I hope Thomas had a great birthday.

    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wonderful card Robert made for his brother Patricia, perfect image.
    Great background he has done.
    Hugs Pam x

    ReplyDelete
  23. Robert has made a beautiful card for Thomas, I'm sure you're very proud of him. He really is gifted. Tell him well done.
    Just seen your tutorial on making boxes. Will be giving this a try hopefully at the weekend LOL Brenda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  24. What a fabulous card Robert made...something for his brother to treasure. Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  25. A brilliant card Robert, I love the background you have added - perfect!
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hello Patricia,
    Sorry I'm very late in posting but Robert's background is perfect. He has certainly finished this image beautifully.
    Maureen xxx

    ReplyDelete
  27. Hello Patricia,
    Sorry I'm very late in posting but Robert's background is perfect. He has certainly finished this image beautifully.
    Maureen xxx

    ReplyDelete
  28. Brilliant card Robert has made Patricia. Takes after you.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Great card Robert has made Patrica he is very good takes after you I hope he keeps it up. Hug's Lynda xx

    ReplyDelete