Wednesday, 17 February 2016

A little Square of Card

Hello Blog friends, followers and any poppers by.  You are all very welcome to my little corner of Blogland.  Thank you for leaving all your wonderful comments, it makes Blogging worthwhile really.
Been busy here at the Ranch these past few day.  Nothing exciting just "things" the boys were off from Thursday last week till yesterday for Half Term.  We did not go away, the weather although sunny has been so cold.  We all thought we would be better in our own beds come night time. Boys plus parents have been here quite a few times.  Meals and snacks served at such odd times, as long as everyone is happy that`s all that matters.
I sent for a couple of Pads of Card ... 250gms from "The Works"  If you have one of their shops near you it is well worth a visit.  We are so Rural I actually "sent" for some this time.  Our nearest is Perth 22 miles away.  There and back is a gallon of petrol, on line it is delivered to the door for less than the price of said petrol.  The pads are 12x12 and cost £4.00 in the stores on line they were offering 2 for £7.00.  I ordered 2 ... one for me and one for Hazel. 
I have made a few cards using the card.  Here is one I made using a small left over square of the card. 

Base card approx 6x6
Lilac card from Papermill Direct
White card from Papermill Direct I  ran it though a Roses embossing folder
Square frame cut using a Tonic Die Set
Small scrap of The Works Vintage Roses Card from the Pad
Sentiment from Creative Expressions Stamp Set

That`s it for today
Thank you for your visit I really appreciate it
Till next time

Patricia   xxx



24 comments:

  1. Hi Patricia, hope you are well. Super lovely creation.xx {aNNie}

    ReplyDelete
  2. Morning Patricia,
    A very pretty card. Is that the Spellbinders flip die you have used?
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lydia,
    My card was made using a 6x6 base card then just bits of card. There is a small 4x4 card in the centre. Only Dies used were to make the little Frame.
    Patricia X

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pretty PAtricia, will have to look inthe Works when I,m back in April, xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty card Patricia and sounds like I need to visit the Works

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Patricia
    Love the card and like Lydia it reminds me of the shape of the flip card die which I have, so you have given me inspiration. It is really lovely and love the colour and the embossing
    Wendy xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Morning Patricia, A very pretty card, loving the embossing and the beautiful 'roses' card. We used to have a The Works shop in our local shopping mall, just 5 minutes away from me, but it shut quite a long time ago, I must have a look online as the 12 x 12 papers are a great size for cutting into or indeed using as a base for scrapbooking.
    Lots of love from Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello Patricia, beautiful little card, lovely embossing and design, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the beautiful embossing PAtricia. We are lucky to have a Works only 10 miles away - but saying that we having nothing else! Like you I have to ravel miles for anything! The nearest Hobbycraft is 30 miles and since it is the smallest in the country there is not a great deal of choice. I always ring to make sure they have in what I want before driving there. But again like you I wouldn't change where I live!!!! Big hugs Christine xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. That's a really lovely card design Patricia and a great way to use up bits and pieces. The Works do have some great deals although it can be a bit hit and miss xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love this sis, like what you have done putting the small card on the front. Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. A very pretty card Patricia, lovely design
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful card with lovely embossing Patricia.
    Pam x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Patricia,
    Such a beautiful card, loving the idea of the small card on the front. Such pretty colours too.
    See you soon

    Love and hugs Sheila xxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Loving your little square of a card, what a lovely idea. The embossing is beautiful too.
    It sounds as if you had fun with the boys over the weekend.

    Hugs Erika. x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Patricia,
    that card sounds lovely, and looks very lovely too.
    wonderful embossing, and super design as well.
    Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hello Patricia,
    This is so pretty. The embossing folder is lovely and the centre is gorgeous. I'm excited, they are putting a Works into Eldon Square, which will he so easy for me to visit!!!
    Maureen xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hello Patrica,
    The card/ papers are lovely . I really like your are card. It's simple but really elegant. I'm a bit late - sorry!
    Myra xxx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Gorgeous card Patricia. The embossing really shows it off.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Gorgeous card Patricia. The embossing really shows it off.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Missed this Patricia. Lovely card. Our works is being refurbished at the moment also two shops made into one so will be twice as big as it was by the time it's finished. Have bought those pads on line before and more choice than in the shop. Very quick delivering. Have also bought boxes for our craft group which we could get in the shop.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Sorry. Which we couldn't get in the shop.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hi Patricia
    I thought you'd been using that lovely stamp set again.
    Gorgeous paper but I must resist. I'm horrified to say I have 35 First Edition pads, never mind any other brands lol!
    They look lovely, though.
    Have a great weekend.
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete