Tuesday, 24 May 2016

"Freebe Stamps"

Hello my faithful followers and Blog friends great to have you here once again.
Thank you for all the lovely comments I really appreciate them.
We have a busy few weeks ahead, my Posts will be short and sweet (thank goodness I hear in the distance ha!ha!) 
We were on our own most of the weekend Robert was off playing in a Football Tournament.  Thomas wanted to go as it was a totally new place.  He took his camera and did some Photo Shooting, as he calls it.
Poor Grandpa had to depend on my help with his helper being away.  Actually there was not much needing done.  John always looks for jobs, the first thing Thomas says as he comes through the door is "grandpa what jobs are we doing today"  
I few weeks ago John brought me in a Craft Magazine with a set of Altenew Stamps and Die on it.  I was suffering from a Kidney Stone problem and he did some basic food shopping.  While looking for a "train" magazine he saw the Craft Magazine and thought it would be something I would like and WOW! I really did.
Here are a few of my efforts:-

 
These are all done using just ONE StampinUp Ink Pad
First layer the ink colour is stamped off twice, on scrap paper.  Second layer is stamped off once last layer is direct from the Ink Pad.  
I did them on small pieces of card then just mounted them up.   They were all trails so have ended up on different sizes of cards.  
I was "playing" when a friend came in to see me, loved the cards and bought them. I had made about a dozen altogether ... all gone.
I have a few sets of this kind of stamps, I love the effect you get without much effort.  
So many people have said they could not "colour in"  like that.  You are NOT coloured in they are STAMPED!!!

That`s it for today
I will try to get back ASAP
Thank you for your visit, I really appreciate you take time to pop in
Hugs

Patricia xxx


5 comments:

  1. I bought the magazine purely for that set and so glad I did, they are brilliant as your cards clearly show. I was panicking a bit as I don't hAve an enormous collection of inks so your tip has made my day!! Have a lovely weekend xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Patricia, your cards are gorgeous, lovely rose image and beautifully colored too. These new Altnew stamps are going down a storm, I've seen lots around the blogs, Kate x 😊

    ReplyDelete
  3. Evening Patricia what a wonderful stamp which you have made three wonderful cards.
    I love your designs.
    Debs xxx
    {Debs Cards}

    ReplyDelete
  4. I also got the Magazine Patricia, no time to play yet.
    Your makes are gorgeous and beautiful colours.
    Pam x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Must have missed this post Patricia. I also have this stamp set from the magazine. Love it. Love your cards. Thanks for the tip about the stamping. Will try that next time.

    ReplyDelete