Sunday, 19 June 2016

"Another Rose Card"

Hello Blog friends followers or anyone who pressed a wrong button and landed here!!!  Please stop and look, if you have time please leave a wee comment to tell me you were here.
Since I came home from Holiday I have not been in the mood for Crafting.  The weather has been so  miserable which has not helped.  However we did have some sunshine yesterday, thank goodness.
I received a phone call yesterday asking if would make a Sympathy Card.  It is possibly the last kind of card I would have sat down to make but Hey! Ho! Beggars can`t be choosers as they say.
Here is my card:-

Base card approx 5 x 7
Navy card
SU Stippled Blossom Stamp Set.  
Have to say of all the Multi Layered Stamp Sets I have this has to be my all time favourite
SU Ink Pad Midnight Muse for the flowers.
Leaves Old Olive & Pear Pizzazz
Sentiment from a Phil Martin Stamp Set

A few people have commented that they only have one, maybe two colours in the SU Ink Pads  ...  that`s all you need.
Fist layer ...  ink and stamp off twice on scrap paper, then on to your project.   Second layer ink and stamp off once, then the project.  Last layer ink, then direct to project.  Saying all that your Ink Pad obviously HAS to be fresh and Juicy!!!

That`s it for today
I am off to be busy, all our boys are coming along later ... it`s Father Day.

Thank you for your visit, I really appreciate you call in.
Have a great day

Patricia   xxx

18 comments:

  1. A really lovely Sympathy card. You've picked a perfect colour of ink to use and the stamping looks wonderful. Unwanted but a necessary card to have to make although I must admit that I buy mine. Have not tried these layer up stamps but definitely on my to try list. Have a great Father's Day with your family. Debra x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another absolutely beautiful card with perfect colouring, thank you for your very useful tip about the colouring method you use.
    Have a super day with all your boys!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ...ich habe keine falsche taste gedrückt, liebe patricia....ich bin zielgerichtet hier, du weisst....*lach*....dein karte schaut traumhaft aus....für diesen anlass bastelt es sich schwer.....ich wünsche dir viel sonnenschein....
    hugs...ruth..chen;-))

    ReplyDelete
  4. Morning Patricia,
    Love your card, the roses are beautiful.
    Hope you have a great day.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Patricia, I hope you are all having a lovely Father's Day together.
    This is beautiful, and I must admit that the SU Stippled Blossom set is my favourite too, and I'm loving the sentiment too. These are cards that no-one likes to make, but these stamps are ideal for the occasion.
    I managed to get all my gardening done yesterday thankfully, I had to buy a new lawnmower as my old one 'gave up the ghost' last week, and I'm so glad I did it yesterday as today has been rain, rain and yet more rain haha.
    Lots of love from Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely card Patricia. Love the colour. I would use that colour for a Sympathy card as well. Thanks for the tip about the ink pad. Wish we could still get that stamp. Hope you have enjoyed your day.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous card and I love the layered flowers. Really beautiful colour combo too. I have some altenew layering flowers and I'm finding them a bit tricky! Hugs, Jayne x

    ReplyDelete
  8. the flowers look beautiful - really fabulous x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful card and perfect for a sympathy card,lovely colours too, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful card as always using these stamps Patricia, lovely colours and layout.
    Pam x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful card Forgive my ignorance but what does SU stand for Hope you had a great day with your boys

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Patricia,
    Lovely card, thanks for explaining how its put together. Hope John had a fantastic day,hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Me again Found it ... Stamping Up!

    ReplyDelete
  14. A beautiful use of this pretty SU set. Your layers of color are lovely, and I'm most taken with the calligraphy font on the sentiment. These kinds of cards are never easy to make, but you've combined beauty with caring, and it's wonderful. TFS (glad you had some sunshine for Father's Day too). Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  15. I hope you enjoyed having the boys over?
    Another lovely floral card Patricia, you do them so well and great colour combo too. I always cut the pin ends off and add a wee bead just to be safe too. Great minds think alike!

    Hugs Erika. x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hello Patricia,
    A really lovely card and just right for the purpose for which its intended! I'm still practising - honestly !!
    Love Myra x

    ReplyDelete