Saturday, 18 June 2016

"Birthday Card"

Hello Blog friends, followers and any poppers by, welcome to my little corner of Blogland.  A place where without all you wonderful people calling in, leaving your wonderful comments and helpful information would be a total waste of time.
LYDIA & KATE:-  thank you for the address of Sevenhills website.  I had not heard of that one before.  Unfortunately they are also out of stock of the Altenew Stamps Sets I am looking for.  I will just have to have patience till the new supplies come over from America to all the shops that stock them.  
Today I have a Birthday card to show you.   It was made for a special friend of mine.  Its her 50th birthday today, I have not put 50 on the card, I just love that sentiment and felt that was enough:-

Base card approx 8x8
White Mats
SW Foundation card in Blue
Signature Die from Joanna Sheen used for the Lace
SB "A Gilded Life" Garden Blooms Die for the Roses
Stick Pins made using SW Bead Packs
Sentiment from a SW Stamp Set.
Top Panel embossed with a Roses Embossing Board 

I have read a few comment about the sharp points on the stick pins.  
I try to stick them right into the card so no sharp points stick out.
You can gets special ends but if you don`t have them here is a "Tip"
Cut off the very sharp point,  pop a blob of glue on and stick a very small bead on ... job done.
That` it for today
Thank you for your visit I really appreciate it
Have a wonderful weekend
Hugs
Patricia  xxx

22 comments:

  1. Wonderful card Patricia! You've made some gorgeous flowers there and in such a lovely colour too. I'm sure your friend really loved her card. Debra x

    ReplyDelete
  2. A lovely card with your signature roses Patricia. I really like the CAS aspect to this one. Hugs Christine xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Morning Patricia,
    Lovely card, I would be thrilled to receive it.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Patricia,
    Made a hash of the last comment.
    I have found a site called Dragonfly Designs, they have a lot of Altenew in stock.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  6. A gorgeous card Patricia. Very elegant. Have a nice weekend. hugs, Marlies

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Patricia,
    what a very wonderful card, and it has your signature Roses on too.
    Lovely sentiment, and your right some people don't want to be reminded of their age.
    I love that colour blue card also.
    Have you had any luck with your windows 10.
    My son has done a swap of computers with my hubby, and the one he has just had from him has windows 10 on it.
    So I took a look, and can't see the problem your having as it all seems much the same to me.
    Are you having trouble finding the desk top maybe?
    Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a wonderful card Patricia with a fabulous sentiment. Gorgeous blooms and layout.
    What a great top tip for the stick pins too.
    Have a lovely day, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous card Patricia
    Fabulous sentiment
    Hugs Sylvie xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. A very pretty card Patricia

    Have a great weekend

    June x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Patricia
    Lovely card in very Wedgewood colours. The sentiment is super.
    I'm guessing its a bead you pop on though you did have me tittering at the thought of putting on a beard lol!
    Best wishes.
    Ang x

    Ps........I read your comment on John's blog today. He does demos and workshops if a craft shop contacts him so if you ask your local craft shop to get in touch with him via email, you have a chance of him venturing North of the Border.
    Hope that helps.
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fabulous card! I love that sentiment I adored your oldie and that wonderful photo I totally agree with you about time Little Oscar will be 8 weeks old on Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful card Patricia. I think cards are so much nicer without an age on them. This is really lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love your card Patricia, I know she will love it.
    Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Patricia, This card is gorgeous !! your friend wil!!
    Lots of love from Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a lucky friend Patricia, she will love it for sure. Such a pretty shade of blue and it's lovely to see more of your beautiful handmade flowers. I was pleased to share my beach with you!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. A gorgeous card Patricia, love the the pretty flowers and design.
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Patricia, it's a lovely sentiment and perfect for this birthday. (also goes beautifully with those gorgeous flowers and super embossing on the background). Couldn't help you with win10, as I reverted back to win7. I was going to try to help with the linking if you want to reference someone else's blog. I think I helped Hazel with this, so she can show you I bet! Happy wkend. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful card Patricia especially love the flowers. I've managed to get my head around Windows 10 finally and it's not bad at all lol huggles Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. ganz, ganz wundervoll, liebe patricia....du hast recht, die karte kommt ohne jahreszahl aus....
    hugs...ruth..chen;-))

    ReplyDelete
  21. A wonderful card Patricia with some of you famous flowers and some stickpins too xx

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi Patricia, a lovely card just perfect for a 50th, the sentiment is fab. Yummy lace and flowers too.

    Hugs Erika. x

    ReplyDelete