Saturday, 25 June 2016

"Box for a friend"

Hello everyone, hope you are all well and doing some Happy Crafting.   It`s much better than watching all the "gloom and doom" predictions on the telly!!!!
I am finding it very difficult to sit down and actually loose myself in Crafting, never used to be a problem.
This is a box I made for a dear friend Hazel and I met a few years ago through Blogging.  We love to meet up and chat only problem is we live nearly 200 miles apart.  Visits are few and far between, however we make the most of every minute when do get a chance to get together.


Made from a "Works" paper Pad ... if you have not bought any of these yet you really must.  They are fantastic value at only £3 & £4 
Great quality 250gsm and 2 sheets of 12 double sided designs in the pack.  They have lots of packs to suit most tastes.
If there is not a shop near you they do offer a wonderful quick online service
Roses are made from purple 160gsm card/paper.  I used household bleach to create some colour difference. 

There is the most wonderful easy to follow Tutorial to be found here:-http://www.card-making-magic.com/

If go to the Tutorials List then look for "Origami Box" 
I love making these boxes and am lucky enough not to need the Tutorial nowOnce you make a couple your set.


Right must go get some Housework done
Thank you for your visit
Till next time 

hugs

Patricia  xxx

19 comments:

  1. Hi Patricia, sitting in pride of place on table, gorgeous make and what was inside was fabulous but naughty too.
    I've send a wee email re Altnew stamps, have a good weekend Kate s

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Patricia, These origami boxes are stunning, your flowers are always stunning, no doubt your Friend adored this !!
    I was devastated yesterday when I switched my TV on at 6am, I never expected to hear that we were to 'leave' the EU, I spent from 6 - 2pm watching and by the time it was finished I was a total wreck. I fully expected that we would 'remain', so it came as a 'bolt of lightening' to me. So I told myself today I would not listen to any News and do something that would make me 'happy' hahaha.
    Enjoy your weekend.
    Lots of love from Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful gift box!! Love the flowers!! Have a wonderful weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super box and obviously Kate loved it! Haven't made one for a while so I think I might have to change that. Hugs Christine xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. A beautiful box Patrician. It looks so impressive xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh this is really beautiful the detail is lushes and your friend will adore this know I would xxxhugs cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  7. A very pretty box Patricia. Love the gorgeous flowers and pretty papers
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's gorgeous, with those magnificent flowers which make your boxes so lush & rich. TFS the link, I'll try to check it out. I'm the same way with the gloom & doom. I'd like to see some 'happy' news..surely there is SOMETHING in the world that is happy! Guess Happy is not newsworthy. Turn off the tv, and craft! Hugs & TFS

    ReplyDelete
  9. this is lovely Patricia - really beautiful! Hugs rachel x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love this Patricia. Those roses are to die for. Must try some bleach. It is very effective.take care and have a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your box and I'm now going to take a look at this site and tutorials

    ReplyDelete
  12. Morning Patricia,
    Just beautiful, a gift to treasure.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow! What a fantastic work of art, the flowers as always are so very beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Awww wow this is gorgeous Patricia! love the flowers..huggles Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Another one of your stunning gift box`s Patricia, gorgeous roses and colours.. beautiful keepsake.
    Pam x

    ReplyDelete
  16. ich bin sehr begeistert, liebe patricia....traumhaft schön gelungen...
    liebe grüsse...
    ruth..chen;-))

    ReplyDelete
  17. Patricia you always do such a great job with your boxes and floral arrangements on it. I'd love to watch you make your flowers, they look so realistic.
    A beautiful gift box, I'm sure Hazel will love it.

    Hugs Erika. x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wonderful altered box Patricia. Some of your stunning flowers too, they look amazing with little bleach on the petal's
    hugs Maria xx.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Gorgeous box Patricia and the beautiful flowers just finish it off. The bleach is such a good idea to make them even more realistic. Such a lovely gift.

    ReplyDelete