Tuesday, 28 June 2016

"Golden Wedding Card"

Hello Blog friends, followers and any poppers by, hope you are all well.  
Don`t know about you guys but I fear we are not going to get a summer this year.  Hopefully July might be better than June has been.
Thomas our older Grandson (almost 12) was off to the Vet School in Edinburgh with his dad yesterday.  A few months ago while Audrey was out walking Thomas` dog, Audrey threw a stick for Corrie,  she jumped to catch it, it went in her mouth and down her throat.  Quick home, along to the Vet where she had to have an emergency operation.  Warning:- to all you dog owners DON`T throw sticks no matter how much they love it. 
About 6 weeks ago Corrie developed an abscess on her neck which was oozzing "gunk".  Back to the Vet, he reckoned there was still a bit stick there.  After several X-Rays showing nothing they had to take Corrie to Edinburgh to have a "MRI Scan" today and her operation tomorrow if they find what is causing the problem.  Poor Thomas is devistated but taking it very bravely.  The Vet leading the team told him of the risks but reassured him he was leaving his much loved dog in very capable hands. Fingers crossed it all goes well and they can pick Corrie up on Friday.
Anyway enough of the sad stuff.
I had a phone call from my friend in the village needing a card for a Golden Wedding.  Now there`s a happy thought a couple who have managed to last 50 years.
Here is my card:-

Base card 8x8
Yellow card from a pack bought in the States a few years ago
White card spritzed and run through a Roses EF
Yellow 160gsm paper for the Roses SB A Gilded Life ... Garden Blooms
Leaves are cut using very old Dies
Lace is Signature Die from JS I think is called Grace Lace
Sentiment done on the computer, cut out with very old SB Dies
Sick Pin made up from Beads from my box
 
That`s it for today
Thank you so much for calling by I really appreciate it
Till next time
Hugs
 
Patricia xxx


 

20 comments:

  1. Super card PAtricia. Love that lace die cut. Hope Corrie is okay I have read a similar story to that some time ago so it really is worth reiterating. Hugs to you. Christine xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card Patricia. Hope the dog is OK. xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww poor Corrie, I hope she will come through her op okay, I can imagine how Thomas feels, but I'm sure she is in good hands.
    Gorgeous card Patricia, with your signature roses, beautifully designed too. Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm hoping the surgery went well for Corrie. Our little fur babies wiggle their way into our hearts! Your card is stunning my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope all goes well for Corrie? Our dog always wants sticks or stones thrown but I just ignore her and take a ball instead. She's chipped her teeth always playing with stones.

    A beautiful wedding anniversary card, loving the yummy lace and well, gorgeous flowers as always.

    Hugs Erika. x

    ReplyDelete
  6. A gorgeous anniversary card and such pretty flowers.
    i hope everything goes smoothly for Corrie.
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello Patricia,
    A lovely Golden Wedding card , your golden roses are beautiful! I hope all goes well for Corrie and that he is home again very soon!
    It's so dark here this evening! It's June!
    Love Myra xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Another stunning card Patricia, your roses are so beautiful too and the lace strip just adds that little touch of elegance.
    I really hope all goes well for Corrie my fingers are crossed.
    It is really dark here already and cold so much so we have put the heating on!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hope Corries surgery went well and that Thomas is OK too. What a lovely card, a real keepsake xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Stunning Golden wedding anniversary card Patricia, love your beautiful roses.
    Hope things go well for Corrie, we worry so much about our dog`s, never let ours have sticks or stones..
    like winter here today..plus Rain again!
    Pam x

    ReplyDelete
  11. liebe patricia, deine karte schaut wundervoll aus....so richtig passgerecht zu diesem herrlichen anlass....für euren hund drücke ich ganz fest die daumen....
    viele liebe grüsse
    ruth..chen;-))

    ReplyDelete
  12. such an elegant card Patricia - really lovely! Hugs rachel x

    ReplyDelete
  13. I do hope Corrie gets on ok at the vets Thomas is a very brave lad to go too -I think kids are a lot braver than us at times Your card is gorgeous Love the colours too

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous card Paatricia you can almost smell those roses. Hope that Corrie is soon feeling better and home with Thomas again.
    Hugs
    Margaret M

    ReplyDelete
  15. Morning Patricia, What a horrific post on Corrie, I was really upset whilst reading it, here's hoping everything turns out brilliant for Corrie and that she is very soon home with Thomas, I can understand exactly how Thomas and family are feeling.
    Your card is beautiful, those flowers look 'yummy' and the embossing is gorgeous.
    Lots of love from Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Morning Patricia,
    Poor Thomas I can understand how upset he must be, it must be very hard for him. I'm sure Corrie is in good hands.
    Beautiful card, your roses are gorgeous.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hope all goes well for Corrie and he is home soon. Beautiful card which will be very well received.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Loved this card when you showed me yesterday. I keep thinking about Corrie, I hope they find out what the cause is!
    Hazel xxx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Patricia,
    oh I do hope all goes well with your Grandson's dog.
    Love this wonderful card, and those flowers are so superb.
    May I ask what die you have used for the leaves as they look wonderful also.
    Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I also ops all goes well with Corrie. Beautiful card Patricia. Thank you for showing it to us.

    ReplyDelete