Monday, 29 May 2017

Flower Tutorial

Hello Bloggers, thank you for your visits and lovely comments.  I really love that you take time out from your busy day to come in.
Yesterday I was making flowers the same as I had on the Lantern in my Tutorial from 11th May.
I decided to photograph as best I could each stage so you could see how I did them.
Go get  a coffee and some biscuits!!!
Here goes:-
Spellbinder Garden Blooms, you have 3 sizes of Dies in the pack.   I cut mine double from 2 sheets of paper, just as many as you can get from the sheets.
I used 160gsm paper, you can use heavier but I certainly would not recommend anything lighter in weight
Ink the edges is you want, I do, the flowers don`t look so flat then (in my opinion) spritz with water.  Do not make them too wet or they will fall apart at the next stage.
Using something smooth and rounded (I used an thinnish pencil) scrunch each petal along the pencil with your thumb nail and fingers.
All done, leave them to dry completely.  I have no patience, I pop mine on a Baking Tray and pop them in the oven for 5/10 mins.  Honest I really do!!!
Once dry gently tease the petals out just a little, you will see they now have some nice texture on them.
Twist each petal under using your tweezers.
Here I have one large, two medium pieces and a small piece to make up a flower.  I have taken one petal off the smallest piece, I find it easier to make up this way.
I put a large blob of Cosmic Shimmer glue in the centre of the largest piece (you don`t see it very well but it is there)
Pop a medium piece in offsetting the petals,  hold down a few seconds till the glue bites.  Do the same with the next medium piece also offsetting, lastly the small piece.  Your flower should look like the one above.
These are the flowers I managed to get out of the pieces I cut.  You will notice they don`t all look exactly the same and there is also a small one.  The number of flowers you get depends on how you put them together and how many you damage when you are scrunching them!!! Think I damaged 2 pieces in this lot, it always happens.
I cut out some Ivy using 2 of Sue Wilson`s Dies for extra decoration.  Any leaf Die is fine the green gives some contrast.

That`it from me for today. I am off for a cuppa.
Thank you for your visit I really appreciate it
Till next time
Patricia xxx










9 comments:

  1. Wow these are gorgeous! I love making flowers like this and you have definitely nailed the techniques!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look amazing Patricia and thank you for such an excellent step by step xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've always loved your flowers Patricia, and these are beautifully made.
    We were in Madeira on holiday, absolutely loved it, highly recommend, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Patricia,
    thank you so much for the wonderful tutorial on your excellent flowers.
    They are so very beautiful and wonderfully created.
    Lots of crafty love. jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Patricia,
    Oh I reckon I could make these flowers as I don't have to press hard on anything!! These are fabulous and I'll definitely have a go tomorrow. I've just realised I don't have these dies, but I'm sure I'll have something which will work.
    Love Maureen xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. You always make beautiful flowers Patricia, these are gorgeous.
    Hugs Pam x

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are beautiful flowers Patrica. Brilliant tutorial. Thank you for sharing this with us.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello Patricia,
    Brilliant tutorial! Who is a clever girl then?!! You are! As you know I've tried before with mixed success - could do better - so will try again!
    Thank you very much!
    Love Myra xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello Patricia
    What a fantastic tutorial you really are so good, thank you so much for taking the time and trouble to share your magic with us.
    With love
    Margaret xxxu

    ReplyDelete