Monday, 15 May 2017

Origami Boxes

Hello Bloggers, first I would like to thank all you kind people for calling in on my Blog after my long break from Blogging.  Without you calling in and leaving your kind comments none of it would be worth while. 
I am actually enjoying being back and looking at all your wonderful work.  Everyone does very different things, its great to get ideas, hints and tips. 
Recently my DIL asked if I would make a few things for a stall she is having to help with School Funds.  Robert is still at their local Primary School where there are only 14 pupils.  They do lots of things to raise money for School Trips. This always has to include hiring a Mini Bus the money is usually spent on that.
Today I am showing you the Origami Boxes I made, I love making this kind of project more so than cards.
I started making these boxes a few years ago after watching a wonderful Video Tutorial on:-
http://flowersribbonsandpearls.blogspot.co.uk/   Christina has some fantastic tutorials you can access from her Blog.  If you go to Video Tutorials, scroll till you find Origami Boxes its all there for you to use. 

Most of the boxes are made using double sided paper/card pads from "The Works"
They are brilliant and cost approx £4 for 24 double sided sheets of 12x12 paper/card.   There are lots of different pads to choose from.  If you don`t have a store near you, pop online, choose and have it delivered to your door. That`s what I do, I live 20miles from our nearest store the price of the P&P is less than I would be in petrol and parking.
Ribbon, lace and pearls from my stash
Flowers all made by me, something else I love making.

Thank you for your visit I really appreciate it
Patricia xxx




18 comments:

  1. I am so pleased you are back and love the boxes. I agree the works is a great place for crafty items.
    Enjoy the day.
    Hazel c uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. liebe pat, ich habe grad erst entdeckt, dass du wieder zurück bist....wundervoll, ich freue mich sehr.....die origamiboxen schauen zum verlieben aus...
    liebe grüsse...ruth..chen;-))

    ReplyDelete
  3. Morning Patricia,
    Love your boxes, had a try myself once, could not get the top to fit, so gave up.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Patricia
    Nice to see you back... love those boxes fabulous...
    Hugs Sylvie xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. these are gorgeous little boxes.........

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are so pretty Patricia. I hope they make lots of money for the school
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello Patricia,,
    I've said it before and I'll say it again. You are a genius at paper engineering. These are beautiful, as usual!!!
    love Maureen xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. As always your boxes are wonderful is there no end to your papercrafting talent? Keep up the good work Patricia.
    With love
    Margaret xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well aren't these just gorgeous! Such lovely colors and your flowers are just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love these boxes and, if they are the ones I am thinking of, don't need glue either. The quality of the Works paper pads is brilliant xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fantastic box`s Patricia, love these beautiful papers and decoration.
    Pam x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely boxes Patricia, you are great at paper crafting.
    Jess x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hello Patricia,
    I'm slow again! Just noticed this post today! In fact I was looking at the lanterns as I now have the necessary equipment to make them! Talent? Well we may struggle with that one! Ha ha!
    Today's boxes are gorgeous! I love them and they are so solid as well as pretty! Thank you!
    Love Myra xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. These are gorgeous Patricia. Really must try making one. Sorry late in commenting. Been away for a few days and Internet was virtually non existent. A few minutes at a time and before you could reply it had gone again.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Patricia thank you so much for this link to my pages and the boxes you make from my tutorial are simply wonderful. Two of your ladies have been to visit me this week from your recommendation and it's lovely to ahve them pop over. Thanks for everything Cxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your boxes are lovely and I couldn't agree more, Christina is very talented and has lots of amazing videos to learn from.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your boxes are lovely and I couldn't agree more, Christina is very talented and has lots of amazing videos to learn from.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hello Patricia,
    Your boxes are beautiful, and you have learned from the best demonstrator on the Internet. Christina is super. ??? Can you give me some idea of what card to search for on The Works, please? This is the first time I have gone to your site, and The Works also. I so look forward to following you and your crafts.
    'Cepta from a sunny though windy Galway, Ireland.

    ReplyDelete