Monday, 3 July 2017

Little Boxes!!!

Hello Blog friends and followers, hope you have all had a good weekend.  All fine here although it was rather quiet, John, Audrey and the boys are off "camping" for a few days.  The boys finished school on Friday for their summer break, fingers crossed they get some good weather.  They are not having their BIG holiday till October, they have a few things lined up for the weeks the boys are off for summer.
I was trawling through Pinterest on Friday afternoon and found a brilliant Tutorial by www.pootles.co.uk  for little hexagonal boxes.  It is a very quick and easy, straight forward little box to make.  The bonus for me was I did not need to make a lid!!!  I have been making Hexagonal boxes and find getting the lids to fit properly a right pain.
When I make something for the first time be it one of my own designs or a Tutorial, I always make  one from just plain Bog Standard Card.  I never us my good card till I know it will work out.
Here are the boxes I made:-


These are all made from basic 250/300gsm card stock plus bits of card and paper from my Bit Box
They will hold 3 or 4 Nail Polishes.
I have done a Nail Polish & a Gel Coat with some tissue for a little gift I needed
They also hold a mini toothpaste, fold up toothbrush, a tube of moisturiser and a mini deodorant.
Great little gift for some one off on holiday.

Have a look on Pootles website she has some great tutorials for little boxes that are all so easy to follow.

That`s it for today 
Thank you for calling by I really appreciate it
Have a great week

Patricia  xxx

13 comments:

  1. Really like these boxes and am going to try them out for our local hospice stall.
    Enjoy your day.
    Hazel c uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such wonderful little boxes! I'm always in the market for more ideas for boxes myself. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Morning Patricia,
    Very pretty boxes.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Patricia these are super boxes, love them. Yet another way to reduce what is in our bit boxes too!
    Thank you for the link to the instructions, you think of everything.
    Margaret xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely boxes Patricia, I'm going to have a go at them for our next craft fair
    Take care, Jess x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Patricia,
    I must have a go at these, the tutorial is great and so easy to follow, especially the mistake bit ha ha.
    love Maureen xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your boxes are lovely. You are in your element doing things like this.
    Hazel xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are lovely Patricia and yes, she does some lovely tutorials xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely box`s Patricia, love the papers used.
    Pam x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love these boxes Patricia another good way to use up those scraps of paper. I am going to make a few of these. Absolutely freezing here, well it would be if it wasn't raining. Heaters cranked up for the evening.
    Hugs
    Margaret M

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Patricia,
    oh these boxes are so pretty, and wonderfully made.
    Thank you for sharing her tutorial.
    I popped over to her blog and just realized I have just made one of her little Album Journals from one of her tutorials earlier this year.
    I just have to decorate it before showing it.
    Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  12. They are gorgeous. I have been a follower of Pootles for a while, a very talented lady. Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. so pretty..love the shape!
    tfs,
    Karen

    ReplyDelete